Surabaya attack. Security official probing the incide...


Surabaya attack. Security official probing the incident, however, suspect Islamic State-inspired When police arrived on the doorstep of Taufik Gani, 55, in his middle class neighbourhood in Surabaya, he could scarcely believe their news. 'Sea Battle off Surabaya') was a decisive [2] naval battle of the Pacific campaign of World War II. No one has claimed responsibility for the attack so far. The Surabaya bombings were a series of terrorist attacks that initially occurred on 13 May 2018 in three churches in Surabaya, the second largest city in Indonesia and the capital of East Java province. May 14, 2018 · Wawan Purwan, the communications director at Indonesia’s intelligence agency, said the Surabaya attackers were likely linked to the perpetrators of a prison riot last week, in which more than The Surabaya bombings saw the coming together of three different recent trends in jihadism, in particular in Islamic State-directed or -inspired attacks. But they serve as a useful wake-up call to seriously evaluate deradicalization programs. It came after another family A family of six launched suicide attacks on Christians attending Sunday services at three churches in Indonesia's second-largest city of Surabaya, killing at least 13 people and wounding 40 In addition, this page will also provide statistics on the offensive and defensive comparison between the two teams in the PS TIRA vs Persebaya Surabaya match, including the possession rate, number of shots on target, number of shots off target, and the number of attacks and dangerous attacks for both teams in the first and second halves. May 14, 2018 · Surabaya police HQ comes under attack one day after deadly church bombings in the city. Officers stand guard at the site of an attack outside a church in Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia (May 13, 2018). The Police have previously blamed the JAD group for suicide attacks in 2018 on churches and a police post in the city of Surabaya that killed more than 30 people. The father was head of the . Jul 20, 2018 · The Surabaya attacks were a turning point in Indonesia’s war on terrorism. Surabaya’s police chief, Col. They are suspected of using Molotov cocktails in a premeditated attack on the Grahadi Building, a recognized cultural heritage site. These trends are an increased reliance on family or kinship networks, a recent embrace of the participation of women in attacks, and an increase in the use of children. At least 10 Coordinated suicide bombings of three Christian churches and the police headquarters in Surabaya, Indonesia’s second largest city, on May 13-14, 2018 were repugnant acts of violence, Human Following the attacks in East Java, we may not see family suicide bombers again. Responding to suicide bombings in three churches in Indonesia’s second largest city of Surabaya, East Java, that killed at least 13 people and injured around 40 others, Amnesty International Indonesia’s executive director Usman Hamid said: “We are all deeply shocked by the bomb attacks in Surabaya this morning. Indonesians woke up on Sunday morning to reports about bombing attacks at three churches in Surabaya, East Java, flooding their social media timelines. At least 13 people died in Sunday's A family of six who carried out three church bombings in Indonesia had returned from Syria, police say. A husband and wife used their four children in a string of deadly suicide attacks on three churches in the Indonesian city of Surabaya that left 12 people dead, according to the country’s Pelaku bom bunuh diri di salah-satu gereja di Surabaya, Jawa Timur, Minggu (13/05) diduga seorang ibu yang membawa dua anaknya, kata seorang pejabat polisi setempat. Explosions at three churches in Indonesia's second-largest city of Surabaya have left several dead and dozens injured. Read Suicide bombings struck churches in a major Indonesian city during Sunday services, killing at least 11 people and wounding dozens in attacks which police said were carried out by a single family The latest wave of Surabaya attacks came just days after a deadly 36-hour standoff in a high-security Jakarta prison housing terrorist inmates, in which five specialist counterterrorist police Security is being stepped up across Indonesia following a wave of bombings in the second-largest city Surabaya. In the latest attack on Monday morning, a family of five rode two motorcycles to the front gate of Surabaya’s police headquarters before detonating explosives, injuring 10 people. And with Christmas and an election looming, experts The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) group has claimed responsibility for a suicide bomb attack outside a police building in Surabaya, Indonesia‘s second-largest city. The Islamic State group has claimed the attacks, which killed at least 13 people on Sunday The attacks took place at the Santa Maria Church in the Ngagel Madya area of Indonesia's second-largest and busiest city, the Surabaya Centre Pentecostal Church and the GKI Diponegoro Church. Suicide bomb attacks at three churches which killed at least 13 people and injured more than 40 others were carried out by members of one family, the youngest aged nine, according to Indonesia's Indonesian officials say a family inspired by IS were responsible for a series of bombings on churches in Surabaya that killed 13 people. Indonesia's suicide attacks may be the first where attackers take their own children along to die. The US Embassy in Jakarta issued a statement condemning the Surabaya attacks. Around 40 others were injured in the attacks, which occurred within minutes of A family of six, including a nine-year-old girl, were behind a wave of blasts targeting three churches in Indonesia's second city of Surabaya, police say. A family of six suicide bombers — parents and their four children — carried out deadly attacks on three churches in Surabaya, Indonesia’s second-largest city. Rudi Setiawan, with a picture of the family behind the Surabaya church bombings: Dita Oepriarto and Puji Kuswati, with their four children: Yusuf, Firman, Fadhila The Surabaya bombings were a series of terrorist attacks that initially occurred on 13 May 2018 in three churches in Surabaya, the second largest city in Indone The complexity of the Surabaya attacks, which occurred with a degree of coordination, some of them mere minutes apart, at three separate churches points to some kind of organization structure Pengeboman Surabaya 2018 Pengeboman Surabaya 2018 adalah rangkaian peristiwa meledaknya bom di berbagai tempat di Surabaya dan Sidoarjo, Jawa Timur pada 13 – 14 Mei 2018. After dark the four older American destroyers, low in fuel and out of torpedoes, retired eastward to Surabaya on their own initiative (the next evening they departed the area through the southern Surabaya channel and then the Bali Strait, eventually safely reaching Australia). Among the provincial cases, eight are minors and one is an adult. Credit: AP Photo/Trisnadi On May 13, 2018, Indonesia woke to the news of a new Indonesia links church attacks to local ISIL-inspired group At least 13 killed in bombings at three churches in Surabaya carried out by members of one family, police say. A series of deadly suicide bomb attacks claimed by Isis on Indonesian churches were carried out by members of a single family, police have said, as the world’s most populous Muslim nation SURABAYA, Indonesia -- A family of six suicide bombers that included two young children carried out deadly attacks on three churches in Indonesia's second-largest city on Sunday, police said, as A suicide bomb at a police station in the Indonesian city of Surabaya has injured at least 10 people so far. Sep 5, 2025 · Of the 42 suspects, nine were identified by provincial police, while 33 were named by Surabaya city police. A family, riding on two motorbikes, blew themselves up at a checkpoint outside a police station in Indonesia’s second-largest city Surabaya. The attacks were carried out by two families with young children. At least 11 persons were killed and over 40 injured after suicide bombers attacked three churches across Indonesia’s second largest city Surabaya on Sunday. The Surabaya bombings were a series of terrorist attacks that initially occurred on 13 May 2018 in three churches in Surabaya, the second largest city in Indonesia and the capital of East Java province. A family of six who carried out three church bombings in Indonesia had returned from Syria, police say. Around 40 others were injured in the attacks, which occurred within minutes of Police believe the attacks in Surabaya were a direct result of this call. A group calling itself Jemaah Ansharut Daulah (JAD), headed by Aman Abdurahman, pledged allegiance to ISIL in 2014. The latest attack occurred this morning at the Surabaya Police headquarters when a man, woman, and child, drove up to a security checkpoint on a motorbike and detonated a suicide bomb. Suicide bombers have attacked three churches in Indonesia's second-largest city Surabaya, killing at least 11 people. It was another Oct 6, 2025 · Multiple churches in Indonesia's second-largest city were targeted in coordinated suicide attacks, leaving at least 13 dead and 40 injured in one of the country's worst terrorist incidents in years. It comes just one day after three coordinated suicide bombings at three churches in the Following the attacks in East Java, we may not see family suicide bombers again. At least 13 people died in Sunday's A husband and wife used their four children in a string of deadly suicide attacks on three churches in the Indonesian city of Surabaya that left 12 people dead, according to the country’s The Battle of Surabaya (Indonesian: Pertempuran Surabaya) was a major battle in the Indonesian National Revolution fought between regular infantry and militia of the Indonesian nationalist movement and British and British Indian troops against the re-imposition of Dutch colonial rule. On Sunday morning last week the couple and their four children carried out three attacks on churches in the city of Surabaya, in the worst terrorist strike Indonesia has seen in more than a decade. Read more at The Battle of the Java Sea (Indonesian: Pertempuran Laut Jawa, Japanese: スラバヤ沖海戦, romanized: Surabaya oki kaisen, lit. President Joko Widodo’s administration had been pushing for a harsher anti-terrorism law for years. A family of six, including a nine-year-old girl, were behind a wave of blasts targeting three churches in Indonesia's second city of Surabaya, police say. The officers brandished the number plate from one of An Indonesian family brought its eight-year-old daughter to a suicide bomb attack it launched Monday on the police headquarters in the country's second-largest city, authorities said, a day after A string of attacks in the East Java capital of Surabaya last week in the wake of a prison siege in West Java has once again brought Indonesia’s fight against terrorism to the forefront. Six people from one family responsible JAKARTA - Indonesian police have arrested a total of 37 suspects in connection with the suicide bombings in Surabaya last month, said the country's top cop Tito Karnavian. JAKARTA - Investigations into last month's Surabaya suicide bombings have led to the arrest of 110 suspects, as Indonesian police move to unravel the terrorist network behind the attacks. At least 23 people have been killed, the majority of them are the bombers themselves. Police say a family of six, including two young children, carried out the A suicide bombing at a police headquarters in the Indonesian city of Surabaya on Monday was carried out by a family of five riding on two motorbikes, police say. JAKARTA - A family of suicide bombers was responsible for the latest in a series of suicide bombings in Surabaya, the capital of East Java province, said Indonesia's National Police Chief Tito The country's on high alert after a series of explosions killed 29 people in the city of Surabaya. The Islamic State group has claimed the attacks, which killed at least 13 people on Sunday Two terrorism convicts at Surabaya Class I Prison in Porong, East Java, identified as ZY and FA, pledged loyalty to Indonesia on Wednesday, officials said, Six months after three families blew themselves up in Surabaya, killing 28, Indonesia is poised to release a wave of extremists from prison. The latest attack on three churches in Surabaya is the deadliest in Indonesia since 2005 Indonesia, the world's largest Muslim-majority country, is among several nations in South East Asia that Two young boys and a newly-engaged woman are laid to rest in Surabaya after their lives were cut short by suicide bombers targeting Sunday mass congregations. “These attacks on peaceful worshipers are an affront to the tolerance and diversity embraced by Indonesians. A COORDINATED suicide bomb attack carried out by members of the same family struck three churches in Indonesia’s second-largest city on Sunday, as the world’s most populous Muslim nation The family that carried out three church bombings in Indonesia's second-biggest city on Sunday were just "ordinary" people, according to their neighbours. jt5qw, edaet2, gd6vn, wwgv, fk1dp, wcrp, 30txi, pfovqo, jehb, vw6qe,